[Ads-l] Receiving/not receiving own messages

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu Feb 4 17:11:30 UTC 2016

Several people have asked about this setting.

The default setting for ADS-L is for subscribers to get copies of their own messages. So if you post to ADS-L, you should get a copy of this message from the list server in a short time. If you don't, it's possible that this setting was different in the past, or that you (or I) have manually changed it. Or perhaps you do get a copy but don't want to.

To change your settings:

send a message to ads-l at listserv.uga.edu. The subject line doesn't matter. The body of the message should be either:

  set ads-l REPro

if you _do_ want to get a copy of your own messages, or

  set ads-l NOREPro

if you _do not_ want to get a copy of your own messages.

I'm sending this message for informational purposes only; if you want to continue as you are now, you don't need to do anything.

Jesse Sheidlower
listowner, ADS-L