[Ads-l] Teddy (undergarment), Teddy Bear (UNCLASSIFIED)

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Tue Jan 26 15:26:42 UTC 2016

I don't see legs on these " 'Teddy Bear' combinations ", but rather combinations of "chemise and panties".  Perhaps "combinations" indicates that one could mix and match tops and bottoms.

In an attempt to forestall Larry, I do see the wearer's legs that go up to her ... wherever.

Joel

      From: Amy West <medievalist at W-STS.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:58 AM
 Subject: Re: [ADS-L] Teddy (undergarment), Teddy Bear (UNCLASSIFIED)

What I'm noticing it that it's appearing as part of the phrase "teddy
bear combination": from the description these things definitely have
legs, I don't know if they have arms, but that has to be the point of
visual similarity that gets it the "teddy bear" label. (And I've sent
this on to the costume historians I know . . . mostly because I just
don't understand corset covers . . . )

---Amy West