[Ads-l] New (to me) negative polarity item--"(not) have the bandwidth" as metaphor

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jun 20 19:21:48 UTC 2016

But again, not having the time (because of other obligations or whatever) isn't quite the same as not having the energy and certainly isn't equivalent to not having the mental capacity.  Here's someone asking the same question, so at least others have wondered about it:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/57935/is-it-proper-to-use-the-word-bandwidth-as-it-relates-to-time-allotment

Maybe not having the energy to do something has been reanalyzed by some as not having the time to do it?

LH