[Ads-l] New (to me) negative polarity item--"(not) have the bandwidth" as metaphor

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 20 18:32:03 UTC 2016

Oxford Dictionaries defines the metaphorical extension as "the energy or
mental capacity required to deal with a situation," which sounds about
right.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/bandwidth