[Ads-l] "Crying Wolof"

Z Rice zrice3714 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 8 14:20:00 UTC 2016

Good Morning to All,

I recently published a critique on the myth of "Crying Wolof" and a study
on Wolof retentions or "Wolofisms" in the United States. This study
includes the actual origin of 'hip', along with 'shuck', 'dig' and much
more.

I've made a special document available that allows readers to access a
preview of the study. Readers can access the preview document by clicking
the following link:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/303169199/Preview-The-Myth-of-Cry-Wolof-and-the-Case-for-Wolof-Etymologies?secret_password=eg99qbL55WOLpO0S8bk7#fullscreen=1

For those interested in the full document, it is available for purchase at
the following link:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/303060283/The-Myth-of-Cry-Wolof-and-the-Case-for-Wolof-Etymologies-Complete#fullscreen=1

Field recordings of many of the terms in question can be accessed on my
blog by clicking the following link (It is the playlist at the bottom of
the page):

http://theantischolar.tumblr.com/

This study was not initially meant to published. The decision to publish it
is an involved story, but essentially, this is an effort on my part to
protect my work.

Many thanks,
Zola