[Ads-l] Bun in AAV and "Crying Wolof" Myth (UNCLASSIFIED)

Z Rice zrice3714 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 18 22:34:35 UTC 2016

Bill, thank you for your email.

A sample of my work IS in the hands of someone who appears to not have had
the best of intentions (lesson learned). This was the reason that I posted
here.

In regard to the "peer-reviewed journals" that you mention - though this
may not be apparent to you, those "peers" that you mention are not my
peers. This work was for the benefit of the population group in the study.
Again, I posted here because my work ended up in the hands of someone who
apparently did not have the best of intentions.

You said: "don't be surprised if the people you are trying to convince..."
Please note that I have no interest in convincing anyone here of anything
and I have deliberately avoided engaging in that type of behavior. My work
stands on its own, and I needn't convince anyone here of anything. As I
said earlier, I am not interested in the old guard's affirmation or
approval.

Again, the innovation in the study of AAV is not going to come from the
"Cry Wolof" proponents or the
"they're-just-using-english-words-and-applying-a-different-meaning"
proponents. The study of AAV is advancing, and in that progress, the old
guard must be left behind. As such, I do not seek the old guard's approval.

And finally, I needn't "try to kill the Cry Wolof myth", because it is
already officially DEAD. Again, my work stands on its own, and those who
continue to perpetuate that myth are simply exposing their own mediocrity -
which I welcome.

Kind regards,
Zola