[Ads-l] "Trump = hate _mongerer_"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun May 8 17:00:30 UTC 2016

If you look for "mongerer" in the OED, you're asked whether you might have meant "monger" or..."moneyer".  One of the cites for the latter--

1886   G. Whetenall Echetlus i. 38   The sword not ever drawn at the call of the merchant and moneyer, but flashing out upon the oppressor to deliver the poor.

--might make a good ad for Bernie, if "the poor" were slightly modified to "the 99%".

LH