[Ads-l] Crab shell: a musican instrument of some sort (1798)

Sun May 8 19:05:34 UTC 2016

J. B.  Why is "Crab" capitalized but "shell" not?

This is how the writer often capitalized phrases: a fire "near the New
Coffee house"; "we went to the Beach beyond Corlaer's hook" [still
so-called, I think: the extreme eastern point of the Lower East Side]; "Powles
hook Ferry stairs [Powles Hook = Jersey City]; "Robertson's Printing office"

GAT