[Ads-l] t(h)run

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sat May 14 16:01:18 UTC 2016

--

I see that DARE shows "t(h)run" not only for "threw" and "thrown" but
even for "throw" (with examples).

DARE derives this from Irish dialectal "thrun"/"threwn" (used for past
and participle and "occasionally" in present tense) (if I'm reading it
right).

MW3 shows "trun" = "threw".

I don't recall encountering anything like "t(h)run" myself.

-- Doug Wilson