[Ads-l] almond

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 27 19:56:53 UTC 2016

Termed "hyperforeignism" in this entertaining article:

Janda, Richard D., Brian D. Joseph, & Neil G. Jacobs. 1994. Systematic
Hyperforeignisms
as Maximally External Evidence for Linguistic Rules. In _The Reality of
Linguistic Rules_, edited by Susan Lima, Roberta Corrigan & Gregory K.
Iverson, 67-92. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.

https://books.google.com/books?id=ONBwptTmCfIC&pg=PA67