[Ads-l] Antedating of the Bazooka (the instrument) 1918

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 2 20:42:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Peter Reitan <pjreitan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> the weapon from 1943

That's my first acquaintance with the word. I was a grade-schooler in 1943
and a big fan of anything that had to do with war and the military. I even
hoped that the war would last long enough for me to be in it. I was
shocked, shocked! about a dekkid later, to discover that the bazooka was
named after some kind of musical instrument. This was such a shock that
only now, under the influence of Peter's post, including Sam's  assessment
that it's "[p]retty easy to deduce why the weapon of WWII was referred to
as a 'bazooka'" have I been motivated to try to find out what the original
bazooka looked like.

goo.gl/7Y07uq

https://encrypted.google.com/webhp?hl=en-us&authuser=0#hl=en-us&authuser=0&q=bazooka+instrument

--