[Ads-l] Facebookery: "Stay _y'all ass_ on your back!!!"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 23 05:38:07 UTC 2016

>From a comment by a black East Texan.

Is there an equivalent intensifier in standard English? The literal

"*Stay you on your backs!"

is no good.

Just heard: dialogue spoken by a white, female actor in the dramedy, You're
the Worst:

"If she leaves him in the morning, _her wishy-washy ass_ will be drawn back
into the marriage by noon!"

I guess that that's answer enough for my ass. [A."She's fine, man!" B."Aw,
you don't nothing about a 'fine woman'!" A."She's so fine that I would suck
her daddy's dick! Is that fine enough for yo' ass?" - Richard Pryor.]
There's no equivalent. So, it's just culturally appropriated. 😜

--
-Wilson
-----