[Ads-l] Notable Quotations of the Year Appeal

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 24 11:10:21 UTC 2016

Some from British politics:

---

"People in this country have had enough of experts"

Former justice secretary Michael Gove MP, campaigning for Britain to
leave the EU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGgiGtJk7MA
https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/media-packs/2016/eu-in-or-out-faisal-islam-interview-with-michael-gove,-30616-8pm

---

‘We send the EU £350m a week. Let’s fund our NHS instead."

MP Boris Johnson's Vote Leave campaign bus.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

[The UK gets a rebate from the EU so sends less, and EU money also
comes back, there's no way it would all be spent on health.]

---

"Our promises were a series of possibilities"

Iain Duncan Smith MP, three days after the referendum result, when
asked if that £350m will go to the NHS.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/eu-referendum-reality-check-leave-campaign-promises

---

Hugo