[Ads-l] Dialogue: _dine in the Y_ "perform cunnilingus"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 25 21:27:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 9:55 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> No simple "at the Y" in the files.

Curse my lack of clarity in expressing myself! I meant that, taking into
consideration the manner in which the act is performed, "eat/dine _at_ the
Y" is not at all punny, IMO, to the extent that "eat/dine _in_ the Y" is.
Hence, it didn't occur to me to search under _eat/dine AT_. Of course, no
slang expression is necessarily a pun. But, when such an expression is,
what motivation is there to take into consideration the possibility that
there exists an all-but-identical version that essentially differs only in
not being a pun? For me, there is none.

Different strokes.

--
-Wilson