[Ads-l] Between you and I, I'm surprised!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 27 01:48:43 UTC 2016

Love[']s a Jest. A Comedy. (1. Ed.) - Page 67
https://books.google.com/books?id=ZRNSAAAAcAAJ
Peter Anthony Motteux - _1696_ - ‎Read
Ilb[red]. Well, Sam, wil't speak a good word to thy Neice [sic] for honest
Bob[?]
Ga[ymood]. _Between you and I_, honest Bob, 'twill be needless; I fancy my
Lord Lovewel  will have her before to Morrow Noon, if he has not by this
time, and so I leave you.

Somehow, till today, I've labored under the mispreapprehension that
_between you and I_ et sim. is something that became hip only recently,
like, since WWII. That it's, in fact, hundreds of years old is, well...

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
-----