[Ads-l] FW from Barry Popik: "When they go low, you go high" (Hillary Clinton, from Michelle Obama, from Barack Obama)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Wed Oct 12 00:35:40 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

Barry Popik (author of the extraordinary website barrypopik.com) sent the message below

to several ads-l members.  With his permission I now forward it to the entire listserv.

The item below is short, but his website has a considerably longer version.

Gerald Cohen

________________________________
From: Barry Popik [bapopik at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:03 PM
Subject: "When they go low, you go high" (Hillary Clinton, from Michelle Obama, from Barack Obama)

http://barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/when_they_go_low_you_go_high/
This is, perhaps, the quote of the year. Anyone can post to ADS-L if you want.
Michelle Obama said this on the radio on The Steve Harvey Show on December 11, 2012. It was originally from Barack Obama, not Michelle..
In 2016, Michelle Obama said it at a college commencement, then at the DNC, and then Hillary Clinton used it at the debate on Sunday, crediting Michelle Obama (but not Barack Obama).
MISC.:
Hillary Clinton twice said "America is great because she is good." I have an old post for that, ...

Barry Popik; in today's NY Daily News,...)
Goshen. NY
www,barrypopik.com