[Ads-l] "another thing coming" antedated to 1866

Neal Whitman nwhitman at AMERITECH.NET
Thu Apr 20 03:12:29 UTC 2017

Via COHA:

No one looking like either was to be seen, and Tom’s mind at once went
back to the vacant seats at the table. “By Jove, Ned!” he exclaimed. “I
believe I have it!”
“Have what–a fit of seasickness?”
“No, but these empty seats–the persons we saw you know–they belong there
and they’re afraid to come out and be seen.”
“Why should they be–if they’re not the Fogers. I guess you’ve got
*another think* coming.”

Date 	1866
Publication information 	Lee and Shepard
Title 	Outpost
Author 	Austin, Jane G. (Jane Goodwin), 1831-1894
Source 	Outpost

Blogged, with links to Ben's and Mark Liberman's discussions on Language
Log in 2007/2008:
https://literalminded.wordpress.com/2017/04/19/another-thought-coming/

Neal