[Ads-l] Antedating of "Glitz"

Thu Aug 24 17:14:20 UTC 2017

Thanks Peter. Here is an instance of "glitz" in a college paper
theater review in Illinois.

Date: Monday, May 04, 1970
Newspaper: The Daily Northwestern
Newspaper Location: Evanston, Illinois
Article: WAA-MU Show does nothing justice by Joan Paylo (continuation
title: WAA-MU loses magic)
Start Page 3, Quote Page 5

[Begin excerpt]
The staging of WAA-MU lacked glitz and drew yawns. In Grady's "If You
Want to Ride the Sun," Tom Rehfield's strong voice was muddled by
walking instead of dancing.
[End excerpt]

Garson