[Ads-l] "Felicia"?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 16 20:08:06 UTC 2017

> expressed insensitivity

I'd call it an insult. Robin joned with Omorosa.

> profanity-laced

George, please! We've really got to bring back the draft, if anybody thinks
that that bit of dialogue is "profanity-laced." You should see the rest of
the flick! It's available on YouTube for a fee. But there's also an
animated-cartoon version available at no cost.

On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard <gcohen at mst.edu>
wrote:

> I'm not sure if it was used as an ethnic slur, but it certainly expressed
> insensitivity . See http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bye-Felicia<http://
> knowyourmeme.com/memes/bye-felicia>
>
> which begins by saying '"Bye Felicia" is a memorable quote from the 1995
> comedy film Friday, which is often used online as a dismissive farewell.'
>
> Further details follow, including the relevant profanity-laced dialogue
> that produced the expression.
>
> Gerald Cohen

> James Landau, December 16, 2017 8:33 a.m. wrote:
>
> My wife was watching Omarosa Manigault Newman on Good Morning America.
>
> At one point anchor Robin Roberts said, "Bye Felicia".  My wife said it
> sounded to her like an ethnic slur.  Was it?
>
> - Jim Landau

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain