[Ads-l] assorted

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 27 00:16:40 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 26, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In NYC English, a very frequent var. of "bump" is/was "bunk."

My first white friend as an adult, at the time - 1971 - a resident of Ocean
Parkway, Brooklyn, and a student at Brown, assured me that New-Yorkers
commonly "bunked" - and not "bumped" - into each other on the sidewalk, in
subway stations, etc.

So, he wasn’t merely funning with a hick California Aggie from UC Davis.

Youneverknow.
--
-Wilson
-----