[Ads-l] assorted

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Feb 28 12:49:29 UTC 2017

On 2/28/17 12:00 AM, ADS-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Date:    Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:17:54 +0000
> From:    Joel Berson<berson at ATT.NET>
> Subject: Re: assorted
>
> Didn't we "throw ourselves down*with*  a sled", rather than "on"?  That is, while holding it beneath oneself, not while it was already on the ground.  Or more formally, "throw oneself down on the ground with a sled".
>
> Joel

When we briefly had snow here, I was going up a fire road on the
backside of Wachusett Mountain (on my tele skis) and I passed 2 older
folks coming down. One with a metal-runner Radio flyer sled. He put it
down on the path packed down by snowshoers and hikers and then lowered
himself onto it  with his arms while pushing with his feet. He rode it
belly-down, head-first, and with his shins up in the air, bent up at the
knees.

---Amy West