[Ads-l] Quote: "God is so powerful...."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 7 00:06:55 UTC 2017

Rebecca Newberger Goldstein's satirical novel _36 Arguments for the
Existence of God_ (2010) helpfully includes a sixty-page appendix itemizing
all *36* arguments with a brief analysis of the logical flaws of each. This
is well worth consulting. (The least seriously flawed may be No. 30, The
Argument from Mathematical Reality.)

Am sorry to admit that I never finished reading the novel itself, but its
satire of graduate school and intellectual pretensions was not quite savage
enough for my taste.

JL