[Ads-l] ADS-L Digest - 13 Jul 2017 to 14 Jul 2017 (#2017-196)

Shawnee Moon moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 15 18:24:18 UTC 2017

> Subject: Re: old pronunciation of "Los Angeles"
>
> Speaking of Angela Merkel with a hard-g ...
>     ----
I grew up in New Jersey, and occasionally heard Long Island pronounced "Long Guyland" with a hard G.

 I lived in Los Angeles, but the only time I heard Los Angeles pronounced with a hand G was by Sam Elliot in the movie Tombstone.

"Wyatt Earp died in Los Angeles. Among the pallbearers at his funeral were early Western movie stars William S. Hart and Tom Mix.Tom Mix wept."