[Ads-l] ADS-L Digest - 13 Jul 2017 to 14 Jul 2017 (#2017-196)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 16 00:41:12 UTC 2017

> "... Tom Mix wept."

As Sheriff Mike Shaw of the old Tom Mix radio show would exclaim,

"Bow my legs and call me 'bandy'!"

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Shawnee Moon <moon.shawnee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Subject: Re: old pronunciation of "Los Angeles"
> >
> > Speaking of Angela Merkel with a hard-g ...
> >     ----
> I grew up in New Jersey, and occasionally heard Long Island pronounced
> "Long Guyland" with a hard G.
>
>  I lived in Los Angeles, but the only time I heard Los Angeles pronounced
> with a hand G was by Sam Elliot in the movie Tombstone.
>
> "Wyatt Earp died in Los Angeles. Among the pallbearers at his funeral were
> early Western movie stars William S. Hart and Tom Mix.Tom Mix wept."

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain