[Ads-l] Polly

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 30 12:00:30 UTC 2017

Agreed. But the "poll" in"poll-parrot" isn't clearly a feminine name, would
you call a boater-wearing, umbrella-wielding, cigar-chomping male parrot
"Polly"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Carioca

Not unless you wanted your nose removed.

Thanks for the reminder of "Poll Parrot Shoes." Never wore 'em, always
wanted 'em.

But who would name a kid "Paul Parrot"?

JL