[Ads-l] The peasants are revolting (Comic: The Wizard of Id)

GEOFFREY NUNBERG nunbergg at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 5 04:27:11 UTC 2017

The version I recall hearig from a Russian-American friend many years ago had a closing snapper:

—The peasants are revolting.
— I know, they’re nauseating.
— But they’re penniless.
— So what, I’m Nicholas.