[Ads-l] Comey's "fuzz"

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jun 9 23:43:37 UTC 2017

There seems to be -- or have been; I don't tweet in real time, or any other time -- a certain amount of, um, indistinctness in the understanding, including by Merriam-Webster, of Comey's use of "fuzz":  Quoting deadline.com, “There should be no fuzz on this whatsover [sic],” Comey said about the certainty that Russians interfered in the U.S. 2016 election cycle.

I understood this quite easily as "indistinctness, lack of focus, blurriness".  And I find it in the OED "not yet fully updated": "fuzz, n.1", 3., "Photogr. = fuzziness n. at fuzzy adj."  One quotation, 1889.

Jorl