[Ads-l] Dialog: "Winning isn't everything, is it, Red?" "No, it isn't everything; it's just the ONLY thing."

Tue Mar 14 16:23:52 UTC 2017

Fred Shapiro wrote:
> Although this is just an eight-month pushing back, the quotation is
> such a celebrated one that I regard this as a significant discovery.

Thanks, Fred. The website now has an entry on the topic.

Winning Isn’t Everything; It's the Only Thing
http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/13/winning/

[Begin acknowledgment]
Great thanks to Mitch Perkal whose inquiry led QI to formulate this
question and perform this exploration. Also, much thanks to previous
researchers: Barry Popik, Ralph Keyes, Fred R. Shapiro, Charles Clay
Doyle, and Nigel Rees.
[End acknowledgement]

Feedback welcome
Garson