[Ads-l] OT: useful, but depressing, birthday gift

Shawnee Moon moon.shawnee at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 16 08:45:48 UTC 2017

I certainly empathize. I walked with a cane and then progressed to forearm crutches, in my forties. Handicap tag, limped, it sucked. Doctors all said MS but never officially diagnosed it. It suddenly cleared up and I was so happy I set off to walk across America. I made it to Wisconsin, the long way, 1700 miles before I blew my back out BAD. (Already had had two back surgeries, and then pounded the pavement)Now I'm nearly as bad as I was again, but I had a helluva time. I just moved over to more sedate things, like motorcycle riding, writing a book, and mandolining. (Why is that not a word? Fiddling is..)

My earliest memory was Kennedy's assassination. There's a standard Bell telephone at the local museum, an artifact from the past. The ISS floats practically unnoticed overhead, but the entire world froze on July 21, 1969 when Armstrong stepped on the moon. The older we get, the more changes we see.

I would have to dig to find the exact wording, but I loved it, it describes the millennials or whatever the born-with-a-silver-iPhone-on-their-ear generation is called. The wording is completely wrong, but the gist of it is there.

(Gist?)<--weird word

Brian, the dog from Family Guy,  was trying to pick up a young lady. She's chewing gum and messing with her phone.

He says in his pick up line, "I wrote a  book."

"What's that?" She keeps chewing her cud, and doesn't look up.

"It's like a magazine, about one thing, with a hard cover."

"What's a magazine?"

Brian sighs, "It's like a really long blog."

"Oh, cool."

---

Mailed from the Moon 🌜