[Ads-l] OT: useful, but depressing, birthday gift

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 15 22:41:07 UTC 2017

A genuine HurryCane! The all-terrain cane!

https://goo.gl/a8EaAE

Of course, it's the fact that it's useful that makes it depressing! <sob!>
I've always pictured myself as being like the living embodiment of Johnnie
Walker Black: Born 1820, Still Going Strong! Johnnie's cane is but a
fashion statement, of course.

OTOH, when I was but a science-fiction-reading tad, I never thought that
I'd live to see the day when interstellar space-travel was commonplace and
pot-smoking was legal*!

*Man, do I wish that I could find that quote! But the only thing that I can
remember about it is that the author wrote that, some time in the '90's,
Big Tobacco - he had only the concept, not the term, of course - would
simply have become Big Marijuana. There was nothing else memorable about
the story, except that it was short. The author must have been a serious
head, though. He didn't mention any other of the many possible uses for
hemp!

--
-Wilson
-----