[Ads-l] Happy Birthday/Acknowledgement of aging all around

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 17 03:10:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Geoffrey Nathan <geoffnathan at wayne.edu>
wrote:

> As Wilson has mentioned, he and I met at the LSA Institute in Buffalo in
> 1971 where we were kinda roommates. So it's been a long run.

Well, we were suitemates, actually: separate rooms with a shared bathroom,
in Goodyear Hall at SUNY Buffalo. My roommate was Phil Schwartz, a Brown
student from Brooklyn. He told me about "bunking" into people on the
street. I didn't quite believe him. OTOH, you told me that locals pronounce
Toronto as "Tronna." I didn't believe you at all. I've since learned
better. I have a photo of your roommate. So, I remember what he looked
like, but I can't remember his name because we always referred to him as
The Elf.

Those were the good old days! 👍🏾

In addition, today is the first day of my official retirement from Wayne
> State, so I'm joining several others on this list who are doing this 'just
> for fun'.

Congratulations, Geoff! You will be pleasantly surprised how pleasant it is
to live life in the slow lane.

Enjoy yourself!

--
-Wilson