[Ads-l] Dueling dialects

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Thu May 18 13:54:48 UTC 2017

Where is the lawyer for the Eurasian red squirrel, which is being subjected to genocide in Europe by the eastern gray squirrel, introduced there from America by humans?

Joel

      From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
 To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
 Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:19 PM
 Subject: [ADS-L] Dueling dialects

The headline in my mailbox read:

"Hire A Lawyer For This Fox!"

I thought, Whoa, what is this?! Some new, porn-based version of the
Nigerian letter?!

When I saw the opening sentence,

"Red foxes and oil don't mix well. This guy and his fellow vulpis vulpis
[sic; a hypocorrection of _Vulpes vulpes_ by a writer untutored in both the
classics and zoology] used to rule the roost in places like Baytown, Texas
(just outside of Houston), and other wooded coastal lands."

then I realized that it was an anti-oil-refinery message from an
environmental group.

--
-Wilson
-----