[Ads-l] It was not permitted to pass.

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 22 18:36:58 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com>
wrote:
Perhaps you've observed that the OED def. is, shall we say, very discreet.

About as discreet as the version now used by Starbucks. Apparently, they
had no idea at all what that image was a symbol of. There are also
continental variants. I came across it first in the journal, _Via Domitia_,
noted as a former or a current feature of the exterior and the interior -
on finials of pews, etc. - of churches in the Midi.

The original version used by Starbucks is below, if the system permits it
to pass.

http://idsgn.org/posts/starbucks-reveals-new-logo-drops-wordmark/

--
-Wilson