[Ads-l] "Together with Yanky Doodle." broadside. 1760s ...1763 or earlier??

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 23 01:12:14 UTC 2017

The original words of "Yankee Doodle" are widely accepted to have been
written by Dr. Richard Schuckburgh during the French and Indian War.

Am not sure that these lyrics are extant or known, however.

BTW, the tune of the refrain used to vary somewhat from the now universally
known version.

JL