[Ads-l] "We now know what SOS really stands for":

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Sun Oct 15 23:49:42 UTC 2017

On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 15:21:30 Zone - 0400 Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote

>S[ave]O[h]S[ave]
>
>I read, somewhere or other, perhaps in a funny-book, During The War,
>that the above is what it stands for. However, in high school in the early
>'50's, I later read, probably in Reader's Digest, that it didn't stand
>for anything except for what it was: the international distress-signal.

Didn't you learn in the Army that "SOS" stood for "Shit On a Shingle"?

- Jim Landau

PS  Though for the day:  the nut for a Congressional race is 3 to 5 million dollars