[Ads-l] "We now know what SOS really stands for":

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 16 00:05:30 UTC 2017

> Didn't you learn in the Army that "SOS" stood for "Shit On a Shingle"?

As a matter of fact, I did! Thanks for the reminder, jimbo!

And it wasn't nearly bad as I'd been led to believe. I almost liked it. The
same was true of C-rations and powdered eggs.

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 7:49 PM, James A. Landau <JJJRLandau at netscape.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 15:21:30 Zone - 0400 Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> wrote
>
> >S[ave]O[h]S[ave]
> >
> >I read, somewhere or other, perhaps in a funny-book, During The War,
> >that the above is what it stands for. However, in high school in the early
> >'50's, I later read, probably in Reader's Digest, that it didn't stand
> >for anything except for what it was: the international distress-signal.
>
> Didn't you learn in the Army that "SOS" stood for "Shit On a Shingle"?
>
> - Jim Landau
>
> PS  Though for the day:  the nut for a Congressional race is 3 to 5
> million dollars

> Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

-Wilson
-----