[Ads-l] "We now know what SOS really stands for":

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 16 16:04:18 UTC 2017

Used in WW1 for "same old slum" (i.e., stew).

Am not sure if creamed chipped beef on toast was on the standard menu at
that time. ("Shit on a shingle" wouldn't have been genteelly printable
before ca1945.)

JL