[Ads-l] Green=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99s=3A_?=_stuff_

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 11 18:06:27 UTC 2017

[I don’t know what’s up. Not only have I changed apps, but I’ve also even
changed machines, and quotation _still_ doesn’t work properly!].

> Things began to change, I think, around 1970, but took another generation
to become
>  undeniably obvious.

Sigh! Woe worth the day!

I probably shouldn’t be complaining, given that standard man-talk has been
similarly emasculated. Besides, “allowing” - speaking of “scare quotes” -
chicks to use guy-talk without being automatically qualified as trollops
and fishwives is a very small concession of male power.

BTW, ever notice that women are no longer routinely referred to as
“battle-axes”? I wouldn’t be surprised that there were people here unaware
that this term - and its more-learned brothers, “virago” et sim. - were
ever routinelyapplied to women as commo insults.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain