[Ads-l] If you flattened out West Virginia, it would be bigger than Texas

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Sun Apr 15 12:04:23 UTC 2018

I heard a claim circa 1960 about Pike County, Kentucky (in the heart of the Kentucky mountains) that if you flattened out Pike County, it would be bigger than the rest of Kentucky.

I have been in Kansas exactly once in my life (and yes we stopped at Mead's Ranch).  I had heard about how flat Kansas was, but to my surprise as soon as we crossed the border from Kansas City, Missouri to Kansas City, Kansas, we found ourselves travelling down a hill.

- Jim Landau