[Ads-l] newly "offensive" term

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 15 01:51:02 UTC 2018

> people who make a frequent search for something new to be offended by.

Like me, for example. I'm offended by white politicians who patronizingly
assume that millions of black people think alike and, what's more, are (or
ought to be) offended to the point of distraction ("It's obscene!") by the
mere juxtaposition of the words "chain" and "migration."

We've had earlier discussion about harmless terms and turns of phrase
deemed "obviously" racist by self-appointed etymologists and others.

JL