[Ads-l] Quotes from Famous Short Stories

Thu Jan 18 19:34:39 UTC 2018

Here are some quotations from Donald Barthelme who is well-known for
his short "postmodern" fiction (and some novels). Information should
be double-checked.

Short Story: A Shower of Gold
Author: Donald Barthelme
Collection: Sixty Stories
Database: Visible in Google Books Preview

[Begin excerpt]
"You may not be interested in absurdity," she said firmly, "but
absurdity is interested in you."
[End excerpt]

Date: August 9, 1969
Periodical: The New Yorker
Short Story: On Angels
Author: Donald Barthelme
Start Page 29, Quote Page 29
(Also in Barthelme's Collection: Sixty Stories)
Database: Verified with online scans at archives.newyorker.com

[Begin excerpt]
The death of God left the angels in a strange position.
[End excerpt]