[Ads-l] curate

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 31 16:48:47 UTC 2018

Nancy Friedman nominated "curate" as a Word of the Year for 2009.

http://nancyfriedman.typepad.com/away_with_words/2009/12/words-of-the-year-fritinancy-edition.html
Curate: It's not just for museums anymore. A more elegant (or just
pretentious) way of saying "select and organize," _curate_ is now used by
boutiques, nightclubs, and even journalists to describe their activities.
"The Daily Beast doesn’t aggregate," says editor Tina Brown of her (let's
face it) news-aggregator website. "It sifts, sorts, and curates."

More on "curate"/"curation"/"curator" from Stan Friedman in 2010:

https://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wc/my-curator-done-told-me/

And here's Stephen Miller in the WSJ last year:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/is-there-a-cure-for-the-curating-craze-1513125415