[Ads-l] ham (antonym of spam) 2003

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 29 05:23:04 UTC 2018

Paul McFedries did an entry for "ham" in 2003 with examples from earlier
that year.

https://wordspy.com/index.php?word=ham

I'm reminded of a 2007 coinage, "bacn" ("email you want but not right now"):

https://wordspy.com/index.php?word=bacn

"Bacn" was nominated that year for ADS WOTY (Most Useful category) and was
also a runner-up for Oxford WOTY.

https://www.americandialect.org/Word-of-the-Year_2007.pdf
https://blog.oup.com/2007/11/Locavore/