[Ads-l] summer cold

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 19 12:24:19 UTC 2018

Summer cold lowdown:
https://globalnews.ca/news/2859151/the-dreaded-summer-cold-explained/

Earliest ex. in GB is 1941.

Based on GB snippets, it looks as though the Contac ads began appearing in
_Life_" in June, 1967, and were on TV a year later:

Look out! A *summer cold is a different animal*. Because gurgh!—it catches
you in the summer, when you've got better things to do than sniffle, sneeze
and be stuffy-nosed. Sure. You can let a summer cold run wild. But why not
tame it. With Contac. Over 600 "tiny time pills" in each capsule work to
head off ugly cold miseries all day. Or all night. Get some Contac
cold-tamers at your pharmacy. And the sooner you sic 'em on your summer
cold the better.

I don't see the TV ad on YouTube.

JL