[Ads-l] FW: =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=9Cpew_pew=E2=80=9D_maps_&_=E2=80=9Cleft_?=of boom"

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY RDECOM AMRDEC (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Thu May 24 17:06:41 UTC 2018

I am reminded of the machines that go "ping"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc

Pew-pew

The stereotypical sound of gunfire, particularly when imitated by mouth:

Akron Beacon Journal (OH) - May 31, 1986 p c1 col 6 ""I heard a kid yell, "Someone is shooting at us,' " he said. "And then I heard a PEW PEW -- it was Scott shooting the air gun. I couldn't believe it.""

The act or practice of shooting guns:

Blog post 4/16/2012
https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2012/04/wanna-bet.html
"I mean, it's an SF/Mil/Espionage thriller, not Tolstoy; you're in it for the pew!pew!pew!, not the transcendental insights."

Minneapolis MN _Star Tribune_ 3 Dec 2016 p E1 col 4 "There were Stormtroopers for some pew-pew excitement, plus you got new characters -- like Chewy's son, Lumpy."

Blog post 3/25/2017
https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2017/03/im-tired.html
"Friday I stopped at the local tire mart and left the Zed Drei there while I walked with my range bag across the street to Indy Arms Company for some pew-pew-pew with the M&P M2.0 review gun."

Blog post 4/13/2018
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/13/night-vision-pov-camera/
"It’s $55 so not a huge drop in the bucket compared to other ways of filming your night pew pews."