[Ads-l] Quote: All the couples were triangles and lived in squares

Tue Nov 20 08:55:25 UTC 2018

Recently, a student at Birkbeck, University of London told me about an
article in the “Virginia Woolf Miscellany” that uncovered a 1928
citation for the expression in the subject line. The QI article on
this topic has now been updated:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2018/05/16/triangles/

Background information: Back in September 2015 George Thompson
discussed Bloomsbury and the wordplay quotation in the subject line.
In May 2018 I mentioned that an entry on this topic was available on
the Quote Investigator website. Benjamin Barrett provided useful
information on the discussion thread.

Garson