[Ads-l] quotation model for a title

Thu Apr 4 03:10:08 UTC 2019

H. L. Mencken has a quotation in his opus "A New Dictionary of
Quotations on Historical Principles from Ancient and Modern Sources"
that contains the phrase "noble muse surmounteth", but I do not know
if it is relevant. The topic is Elizabeth of England (1558-1603).

[Begin excerpt]
Elizabeth, our dread sovereign and gracious queen, is not only a
liberal patron unto poets, but an excellent poet herself; whose
learned, delicate and noble muse surmounteth, be it in ode, elegy,
epigram; or in any other kind of poem, heroic or lyric.
FRANCIS MERES: Pallidas Tamia, 1598
[End excerpt]

Garson