[Ads-l] What Is a Restomod?

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 20 20:45:04 UTC 2019

That Googled up nicely!

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/restoration-v-restomod-the-timeless-classic-car-debate/ <https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/restoration-v-restomod-the-timeless-classic-car-debate/>

What is Restoration?

In a classic restoration, you take a classic car and bring it back to life as it was when it came off the showroom floor, finding and using original factory parts as much as possible. When you’re finished, you’ll have a beautiful showpiece, inside and out that preserves the authenticity of the vehicle. Classic car restoration is all about the history of the vehicle.

What is Restomod?
Restomod (restoration + modification) keeps the classic car look but uses newer technology to enhance a car’s looks, performance, comfortability, and safety. In a restomod project, you might choose to install seatbelts, power steering, or other features that weren’t in use when the car was built to improve your comfort and safety while driving the vehicle. But in the restomod project, the visible parts usually remain the same as they were originally.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA