[Ads-l] therianthrope

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 12 18:30:20 UTC 2019

Not in OED:

2019
https://www.yahoo.com/news/earliest-recorded-story-found-44-094941826.html
 :
“The humans there, they are not fully human: One has a tail, then others
may have some sort of bird head or something. I think it’s probably
something that didn’t really exist. ...

“The images of therianthropes [animal-human figures] at Leang Bulu’ Sipong
4 may also represent the earliest evidence for our capacity to conceive of
things that do not exist in the natural world, a basic concept that
underpins modern religion,” Professor Brumm said.

JL