[Ads-l] therianthrope

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 12 23:25:54 UTC 2019

Interesting word!

World Wide Words (http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-the2.htm <http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-the2.htm>) provides this basic definition.

Wiktionary (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/therianthrope <https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/therianthrope>) and Urban Dictionary (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Therianthrope <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Therianthrope>, 2004) point out that this is also a spiritual identification that some people have (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherkin <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherkin>). Wiktionary gives “therian” as a synonym for the otherkin meaning.

Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy>) discusses the mythological, religious, psychiatric (clinical lycanthropy) and otherkin uses of “therianthropy.”

Benjamin Barrett (he/him/his)
Formerly of Seattle, WA